DURA-TEC combines an ultra-durable polyethylene outer shell (like a kayak but lighter weight) with a full polyurethane foam core (like a surfboard) thermoformed in steel molds to ensure consistent and accurate reproduction of the original shape.
- Polyethylene outer shell: Ultra-durable skin to reduce impact damage.
- Deck pad: Low-profile, lightweight EVA provides comfort and grip.
- Closed cell polyurethane inner core: Durable and watertight. Doesn’t retain water in the event of damage to outer shell.
- FCS fin system*: High performance universal standard for maximum fin customization.
*BIC SURF DURA-TEC, BIC SUP (thruster fins).
ACE-TEC (Epoxy Composite) boards are approximately 30% more durable while being almost identical with regard to stiffness and weight when compared to similar polyester constructed surfboards and SUP's. To accommodate the needs of more advanced riders, ACE-TEC boards provide shapes that not only suit the intermediate surfer, but also experienced riders who know how to ride a surfboard.
- Protective Outer Shell - A highly durable 0.8mm ASA skin is thermoformed and pressure bonded in a steel mold for exceptional durability and lightweight performance.
- Molded, watertight EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam core for consistent quality and light weight.
- Deck Pad - Non-slip deck pad for traction and comfort under foot.
- Reinforced Standing Area - 200gr fiberglass layer where you stand for added durability.
- Fiberglass Wrap - 50gr fiberglass wrap for durability and improved finish.
- Unidirectional Fiberglass - 200gr layer maximizes stiffness when bonded to the outer ASA skin and epoxy resin.